Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, Still Me


Welcoming the new year is bittersweet for me, since it actually concludes my break from school; And it doesn’t mean that when it’s new year, everything old is going to trash and new things will be knocking on my door. It’s all the same. The figures are the only ones which alter. It’s still me, it’s still you. And if you ever changed your wardrobe, look at mine and it’s still the same.

There is only a very small change that I want to execute to myself – my studying habit. Yes, I always blame it with the deprivation of books caused by DepEd. But then, it isn’t just the government which lacks support towards us, students. We share the same burden. If they lack support towards us, we shouldn’t be following their footsteps. We should have made something in the first place. We shouldn’t have gone with the flow and be as lousy as those above us. I, for one, should have gone far enough to quench my thirst for success if it wasn’t for my stupidity. I regret having to carry such attitude up to now. It seems like I haven’t grown. I am quite ashamed of myself and to those who are rooting for me, if there’s any. It pains me that although I want to change the way I look into things now, it’s too late. Old dogs can’t be taught new tricks anymore.

Enough for the drama. Still, there are some attributes of myself that are just exceptional, that you wouldn’t find someone as fine as me in million years. There are just some things that are good just as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment